Vision, mission, goals
VisionWe envision open democratic society based on activism, solidarity, cohesion, and trust.
Our mission is to inspire and support active participation of citizens, development of volunteerism and civil society.
Volunteer Centre Osijek is open to all citizens, and its action is based on following principles: solidarity, humanity, non-violence, acceptance of diversity, cooperation, responsibility, transparency and efficiency, autonomy and independence. The Centre strives to be innovative in its action, to be a promoter of individual's positive action within community, and to create environment and opportunities for learning and development through experience.
Values and principles of action
VCO, through its action, wants to contribute to realization of the following strategic goals:
- To encourage community development through strengthening of social capital based on civic engagement, cohesion, reciprocity, and mutual trust;
- To support organized activity of individuals and groups of citizens, and active engagement in local community development through initiatives and actions for the common good;
- To contribute to development of sustainable infrastructure for civil society and volunteerism development;
- To influence public policies that contribute to development of democracy and civic society;
- To promote and advocate values of the civil society and volunteerism;
- To be an effective and influential organization with responsible leadership, that continuously works on improvement of its own activities.
Translation to English: Igor Nedić, volunteer